Sunday, July 5, 2015

Loving the present and looking forward to the future

It's a Sunday morning. We are all outside enjoying the cool weather after the rain last night. Carl is in the garage

making essential oil holders


and the kids are riding their bikes.
 
Even the dog is enjoying the weather and company.
Each of them has had a chance to help daddy sand in the garage. It's days like this where I think "Life is good." Even though last week our entire basement flooded and we sort of got our house put back together and then decided to still go on the camping trip we had planned for my husbands birthday and now we are living in total chaos. Not to mention my husband has gotten less hours at work and credit card bills have started to take their toll. Life is hard, life is busy but still life is good. We currently live in a state of chaos and a state of poverty (although I think that's using the term a bit too loosely) yet I still can't shake the feeling that one day it won't be like this and I will look back at our chaos and lack of resources and laugh and maybe cry at the way we had to do things. There is nothing hinting that things will get better. If life could be read like an 8 ball then it'd probably say "All signs point to NO" yet still I think we will get the house we want, the vacations we long for and the land we hope for our children to grow up on. It might take time but to be honest I'm enjoying this experience that I am having now, appreciating that one day it will be gone and hoping I can learn everything I need to from it.
Jaidyn playing in the sawdust left from Carl's project
Recently I have had the desire to be able to support my husband in his role as the financial provider in a different way than I have in a long time and see how I can help supplement his income. It's interesting thinking of going back to work or doing something to make money from home. Time has become even more valuable to me. The freedoms I enjoy as a stay at home mom are even more evident to me. I have always known that I "have it good" and that I am lucky to be able to be home with my kids but the idea of going back to work and having someone else tell me what to do with my time and when to be there is a really frustrating thought. I have gotten used to the fact that if I do not want to go somewhere at a particular moment in time most things I need/want to do can wait.  Sure there are some responsibilities like doctor's appointments (and we have a lot of those) and such but for the most part I am able to govern how I spend my time. That's a luxury! I don't mean to say that my children don't demand my instant attention it's just that I enjoy raising my children and so their interruptions don't bother me like a work schedule would. :)
Like the twins asking me to braid their hair and then take their picture. A happy "interruption" in my day.
I am determined to figure out how to help my husband make money from the skill set that he was blessed with. Too many mechanically inclined men are struggling to support their families and where would we be without their mindset and their skillset? I know that my life is much easier having a husband that can fix or rig things up for me. I have pretty much come to the conlclusion that if I need or want something my husband can figure out how to make it or rig it so that it fits my needs and my wants. Now that's a service that should be well compensated, don't ya think? Sadly it's not. To give you an idea of his talents here is a picture of a shed that he built.....


It isn't finished yet cause of lack of funds but it's amazing isn't it?! He can just figure this stuff out like it's no problem and when he has something he is struggling with he can always find someone who knows the answer. He is very friendly and very resourceful. I can't wait for the day that he can see his talents for what they truly are and that he can be compensated for using and developing them. This post is to remind me of that inner peace and determination that I had even before things were looking up! Here is to our future!

No comments:

Post a Comment